Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hi from Meredith

Hi all,

My name is Meredith - I'm doing the Museums & Archives track of the graduate LIS British Studies course.  Just curious who else is with me :o)

I'm finishing up my MLS at the University of Arizona (I did live in Tucson for 2 years, but now I'm in Baltimore working and taking my last class online).  I have a BA in Photography from Loyola College in Maryland, and in the fall I'm starting a totally different MA program in Photographic Preservation & Collections Management (in Toronto).  I'm certainly on the path to becoming a professional student, but I'm hoping this will be it!

Also, as a side note, I lived in Newcastle upon Tyne for a year (it's the last major city in northern England before you hit Scotland - about an hour south of Edinburgh by train), and spent a good deal of that year traveling around the UK and western Europe.  If anyone has travel questions I'm more than happy to try and help.  You can email me at meredith.friedman@gmail.com.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

:o)
Meredith

3 comments:

pyratequeene said...

My name is Cheryl, and I am also in the museum and archives program. If you lived in Newcastle, I'm sure you explored Hadrian's Wall! I plan on going there for a daytrip -- perhaps we could go together since you're the expert!

meredith said...

Hi Cheryl,

I did see quite a bit of the wall :o)

I'm planning on going to Newcastle after the Edinburgh trip ends for part of the mini break. I'm not taking the coach back, and taking the train right to newcastle instead. My plans haven't firmed up much more than that, but if you're planning your day trip for the mini break, I could definitely meet up!

Kristin Finch said...

Hi Meredith,
I plan to do the Museum/Archives track, too.
Look foward to chatting with you about your time in England!
Best,
Kristin Finch